Clearing up cloudy pool or spa water is easy to do. There are only two major problems that cause cloudy water and they are:
1) A lack of filtration
2) A lack of chlorine (or other sanitizers such as bromine)
The pool or hot tub water needs to be filtered daily in order to remove organic debris from the water. Organic debris can be anything from plant matter, twigs, hair, skin etc. and all of these will consume chlorine in the water. This is why it is difficult, if not impossible, to keep chlorine levels in the pool if you have leaves or debris on the floor of the pool.
The filtering process helps to remove this debris from the water and capture it in the filter system. This allows your chlorine to remove microscopic debris not captured by the filtration system. A pool skimmer works well to remove debris floating on the surface of the water. If debris is allowed to float for long enough it will then sink to the bottom and begin to decay which will result in algae blooms in the water unless the chemical sanitizer prevents this.
Minimum Filtration Rates
In order to meet minimum filtration rates for residential swimming pools and spas you need to pass the entire volume of water through a filter every 12 -24 hours. Most governing bodies that regulate pool filtration want to see 2 turnovers of the entire pool through the filter in 24 hours however many home owners actually run the system close to once every 24 hours with minimal problems.
If you have a cloudy water condition in the pool or hot tub then you should run your filtration system at maximum until the problem has been resolved. Commercial pools and spas will have much more strict water filtration requirements that will be determined by the health and safety governing body in the area that you are located. Usually filtration for these high bather load systems will need to see a minimum of 4 complete turnovers daily. Some commercial hot tubs even need to be drained or partially drained daily to meet minimum safe standards.
What Causes Cloudy Water
If your filter system has not been turned off or turned down recently, and yet you are having cloudy water conditions then this is likely to be a lack of sanitizer in the pool water. In swimming pools the ideal range for sanitizer is 1-3ppm of chlorine. In hot tubs it is more common to run bromine with levels of 2-10ppm being ideal. If you let the pool or spa run with zero available sanitizer for any length of time then cloudy water is likely to occur.
Without sanitizer in the water to kill bacteria and oxidize organic material in the water the bacteria count will increase dramatically. In hot tub water where 104 degree temperatures promote quick bacteria replication you can see the amount of bacteria in the water double as quickly as every 15 minutes. A single night with no chlorine or bromine in the water is more than enough to have a bacterial bloom that will result in cloudy water. If you continue to run the system without adding sanitizer then you will see the water turn cloudy and then become green usually within 24-48 hours.
No Sanitizer In The Water
This lack of sanitizer in the water is the most common reason for cloudy and also green pool and spa water. To resolve this issue you need to add sanitizer to the water until you have a minimum of 3ppm chlorine (or minimum 5ppm bromine) that shows up on your test strips or liquid testers. If you add chlorine sanitizer to the water and then still test zero free chlorine in the water, this means that the chlorine that you have added has been completely used up already by the bacteria in the water.
Continue adding chlorine until you can take a test of the water and read an established sanitizer level. Check twice daily to make sure that the level does not drop again to zero. If you can maintain the sanitizer level in your water then you will notice the water is dramatically better after 24-48 hours however 72 hours sustained with sanitizer levels above zero the water should be clear. If at any point the sanitizer level drops to zero again for then you will likely need to wait another 3 days keeping sanitizer in the water until you pool or spa clears up.
Steam saunas have been around for centuries, but infrared saunas are a relatively new invention that blows them out the water. The list of infrared sauna benefits is huge and many people really enjoy the addition of this technology to their daily routines.
Infrared technology is unique in that it allows for light to heat the body and can be aimed at very targeted areas. There are even portable infrared saunas that make it possible to continue your routine while on the road for vacation or business.
Infrared Sauna Benefits
Here we will look at just a few of the most popular reasons people are using infrared saunas.
- Safety. The heater in a steam sauna, as well as the steam, can be dangerous and it is quite possible to burn yourself. This poses a particular danger if you have children in the house. On the other hand, infrared saunas allow for a gentler heat and aren't as likely to burn anyone.
- Time. The amount of time you can stay in a sauna greatly depends on how much heat you can take. The average steam sauna is only bearable for up to 20 minutes, with many people unable to take more than 10. This means there is a limited amount of time to sweat and rid your body of toxins. The infrared sauna uses a gentler heat that penetrates about an inch and a half into the body, meaning greater benefits for a longer period of time.
- Health Benefits. There are a huge number of health benefits that are a direct result of infrared saunas. In fact, you'll find that the infrared heat can cure many skin issues like eczema and acne, get rid of candida, and even relieves pain in the joints, making infrared saunas pretty popular for these reasons.
- Weight Loss. It's no secret that saunas can help with weight loss. They do this in a variety of ways, breaking down toxins and fat cells and also by helping you sweat out excess water.
- Stress Relief. Today's average adult suffers a lot of stress. There are bills to pay, prices are ever climbing and it just gets to be too much. A relaxing sauna treatment allows people a little time off to sit with there with their thoughts, no laptops or cell phones allowed and they can feel better.
- Energy. Thanks to the toxin releasing actions of a sauna, you'll often have more energy afterwards. That, combined with weight loss makes for some added zip to your step and an extra bit of energy.
- Better Skin. Not only does the infrared sauna help with curing many common skin ailments, it's also great for giving you that healthy glow. Since you will be eliminating nasty toxins that tend to clog up pores and make sink look dull, you'll find that after a few treatments with an infrared sauna, your skin will really be brighter and healthier looking.
- Immunity. Did you know that infrared saunas can actually help boost your immune system? Getting rid of toxins and knocking out those bacteria that the immune system is normally fighting will allow your body to turn to things that really matter, invading viruses and bacteria.
Infrared saunas have proven their worth on the market and more and more people are finding that they enjoy using them and have also experienced many benefits and even cures for common problems like skin issues and yeast infections. Whether you use a public infrared or a home sauna version that you can install in your basement, infrared saunas have plenty of benefits that you won't want to miss out on.
There are a lot of great beach lounge chairs on the market today, made by some very good companies. Today we are going to take a look at one of these companies and at the beach lounge chairs that they offer.
One of the more innovative beach lounge chairs on the market today is manufactured by a newer company called Deltess, but their products are better known under the name of Ostrich. Like many great companies, they got started by finding a solution to a problem.
Their story starts in 2003 when Dave D'Alessandro was relaxing on a beach while on his honeymoon. He was lying on his back on his lounge chair, reading and soaking up the rays when he decided to turn over and tan his back. The problem was that he wanted to continue reading his book, but couldn't find a comfortable position - a predicament many of us may be able to relate to ourselves. It did not take him long to think, "If only this lounger ..." - a solution to the problem. When he returned home, he started working on a design for an improved lounger, the basic design which is found today in Ostrich 3N1 beach lounge chairs.
But before I tell you about the chair, how did he bring it to market? He teamed up with an old High School friend, Adam Tesser, who had business and finance experience, and formed the Deltess Corporation in January of 2004. But a good idea and a business background does not a successful business make, you have to pay the price. It took a year and a half to develop and patent their 3N1 beach lounger, but since then the momentum has snowballed as they have expanded to include other revolutionary products to their product line.
Let's take a look at the initial idea that launched them to success: the 3N1 Ostrich Beach Chair. The problem that Dave had was that he wanted to lie on his stomach on his beach lounge chair and comfortably read his book. The only way to accomplish this is to hang over the end of the chair. This gives no support to your head and places your arms at uncomfortable and awkward angles. The basic, and rather obvious solution to this problems was to put strategically placed holes in the lounger. The primary hole was put where your head rests when you are sitting on the lounger in a normal position, but when sitting normal that could be inconvenient, so a headrest, or pillow, is placed there that can be flipped back to reveal the hole when you want to turn over. Then, a bit lower down there are two armholes. These really do not interfere with sitting on the chair since there is still plenty of support for your back. But, now when you flip onto your stomach, simply place your book on the sand under the face hole, and keep reading! You can easily reach through and turn the pages.
Ostrich 3N1 beach lounge chairs not only solve this dilemma, but has other great features as well. They are lightweight and fold up for easy carrying, the frame is made from durable aluminum that is treated so that it doesn't rust, it has classy wooden arms with a cup holder in one, five adjustable chair positions and three adjustable positions for the foot rest. It stands 12" off the ground, and comes with a handy carrying strap. This comfortable lounger is offered in three great color combinations (blue and white striped, hot pink, and cool blue), so you are bound to find one that you like.
The idea of taking a problem,solving it, and turning it into a successful product is the American dream, and Dave and Adam fulfilled their dream by improving the design of beach lounge chairs.